Jacinta has performed numerous presentations to parents and professionals, and trained professionals working with children and families.
Information for professionals
Training and presentations
Jacinta has delivered presentations at numerous venues and for a range of areas in Speech Pathology. Examples include:
Childcare Centres – Staff Inservice
- ‘Promoting Speech and Language development during Preschool Years’
- ‘When should you refer to a Speech Pathologist?’
Children Services Staff and Professionals
- ‘Current Literature for Literacy Difficulties’
Secondary School Teachers
- ‘Vocal hygiene and Voice Disorders’
Maternal and Child Health Centres – First Mother’s Groups
- ‘Promoting Speech and Language Development for your Child’
Victoria University (Melton) – Second year students completing their Diploma in Children Services
- ‘Communication Development for Preschool Children’
Abercare Family Services – Presentation for parents completing the Home-Start volunteer preparation course
- ‘How to support typical Speech and Language Development for young children and Communication Difficulties observed in young children.’
Jacinta is particularly enthusiastic about the “Preschoolers with Autism” Parent Education and Training Program, because of the successful outcomes for parents and their families.
Jacinta was trained by Project Manager Kerry Bull, of Autism Consultation and Training (ACT-NOW) at Monash University in 2005. Jacinta has trained other community professionals to facilitate this program, and has been sub-contracted to present this program for organisations such as McKillop Family Services in Footscray in 2014.